Sunday 3 April 2011

Aiming for the top!

As I am somewhat of a complete geeky saddo, in my spare time I have set up my own website as a project to see if I can get it to the top of a Google UK search for 'sleeping bags for babies'.

"Why?" You may ask. "I just want to see if I CAN!"

I created the website to promote baby sleeping bags from international manufacturer The Dream Bag - I work for them and currently finding it a massive challenge to get up there for the term 'baby sleeping bags' in the limited hours that I have to spend on SEO. Anyway, for a challenge project, I have decided to concentrate in my spare time, on a search term that is very similar, but not quite as popular and does get us *some* clicks. I want to try and get to the top of that one! I don't know an awful lot of SEO but this is how I am going to learn through trial and error and research and then hopefully use this to conquer the biggie.

After I submitted xml sitemaps last night to Google's Webmaster Tools, I am very pleased to report that my urls have now been indexed and I am listed. The website is www.sleepingbagsforbabies.co.uk - spot my deliberate choice of domain name!

Anyway, that's it for now. I may become obsessed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment